A new rendition of a coveted Oakley design, this easygoing style comes with a smooth edge of attitude. Sports legends inspired the look, and the unique architecture salutes the fact that no two athletes are alike. Oakley created FIVES for small to medium size faces, giving them a tapered design that fits and feels right.
This design showcases the extreme “wrap” and “rake” made possible by Oakley technology. “Wrap” is the side-to-side curvature of lenses; “rake” is the up-and-down curvature. With more lens curvature, you have a larger/wider field of vision and greater protection from wind, side impact and UV rays that sneak around the edges of the frame. The 8.75-base curvature of FIVES is made possible with XYZ OPTICS®, our way of ensuring vision stays sharp across the entire lens contour. Performance and protection are so good that this sunglass meets every ANSI Z87.1 standard for clarity and impact resistance, and with pure PLUTONITE® lenses, you’ll have the added protection of 100% UV filtering.
- Durability and all day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O MATTER® frame material
- Comfortable fit on small to medium faces via condensed cranial geometry
- Precision and durability of sculpturally integrated hinge mechanisms with dual action CAM
- Comfort and Performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal Icon Accents
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Optical precision, performance and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Impact resistance that meets ANSI Z87.1 basic impact standards
- Patented XYZ OPTICS® for maximum clarity at all angles of vision
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coatings (optional)
- Oakley patented HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS® (HDO®) provide unparalleled visual clarity and impact resistance that meets
- ANSI Z87.1 standards.